Sunday, August 14, 2016

Oops ... & Pretty Birds

I think i was a bit too honest in the previous post.
I don't want to give anyone a bad view of Fun Stampers Journey ... it is a company with lots of great stamp sets and matching dies.  The current annual catalog introduced Pan Pastels, watercolor pencils and regular colored pencils to match the FSJ inks and card stocks.  Those who have tried working with the Pan Pastels are raving about how wonderful they find them to work with. One of the new ATS (Artist Trading Stamps) is an FSJ version of the Tim Holtz "Crazy Birds" is AT-0215 Pretty Birds.  and I surprised myself by ordering them  ...  Normally, I would pre-cut my panel but my paper cutter is a bit of a pain -- it does not have a bar that flips out so that the widest cut I can make easily is 3 1/2 inches -- so I need to pre-mark the cutting spots.  And I can be a bit lazy -- all of us probably suffer from that from time to time ... and did not want to fool around with all that, so I stamped with FSJ True Color Fusion Black Licorice ink, watercolored with my Koi set and the pearliezed paints from Oriental Trading Company ... especially the silver for the shadows under the birds ... Fun birds that will probably get used a lot ... (sorry the photo is not more in focus -- i have problems with my webcam focusing -- my old webcam from the same company had a focus button in the camera controls ... wish I could find the old cam and set it up again ... **sigh**)

1 comment: